Saturday, July 25, 2009
Took my special basket down from its shelf today, to look at my grandmothers handmade lace. I like to do this from time to time, and was thinking about her today and it seemed fitting. She was wonderful at so many things, crochet being one of them. The lace trims here, were once on handmade linen towels, she and my Zia Antonina made when they were young girls. The bolt I'm guessing was to adorn a coverlet, someday when I make that full sized bed quilt, I hope to incorporate this lace bolt into it. I especially love having the pattern she cut from a 1953 newspaper for her lace making!
~Yada Yada Yada~
~My Favorite Pages~
- ► 2010 (32)
- Italian Food Forever Giveaway
- Yay!!.... finally got a Joann's run in!
- Sew Chic and Unique First blog giveaway!
- Stitchie Witchie
- Grandma's Lace
- Update on Thistle Manor
- Wee Stitchy Blog 100th post giveawayy
- Belfonte Notes: Special Celebration Give-Away!!
- Thistle Manor
- Family Tree Work in Progress
- Other Endeavors
- Birthday Wishes
- This is an adorable Erica Michaels freebie, I too...
- A Joanne Sanderson freebie, I couldnt resist. Th...
- Funday Monday
- Imogene Witch
- Borrowed some elements from my Lizzie Kate stash ...
- Tea Time
- Little Finishes
- General Store~A work in progress
- Grandchildren Cross Stich
- ▼ July (22)